Have you ever noticed or read the label on a peanut butter jar or a Nutella jar? It would scare off more people than you’d think. It’s usually 10% of nuts or chocolate, 40% of sugar and the rest is divided between conservatives agents, palm oil and so on… Even though it’s super tasty, and especially the kids’ favourite toppings on a toast, those industrial peanut butter and chocolate butter are full of chemicals that we wouldn’t want to consume in such a big quantity… However we have the solution for you! Make your own sweet sweet butter!
As a nut lover myself I went for a cashew nut / pecan nut butter! (You can easily replace them with peanuts, hazelnuts or any other nuts!
All you need is:
NUTS! How much you’d like!
For this recipe I used:
200gr of cashew nuts
100gr of pecan nuts
1 empty jam jar
- Preheat your oven at 150° and put your nuts on a baking tray on top of a baking sheet. Let them grill for about 5-8 minutes, they must be slightly golden (easier to spot on the cashew nuts)
- When they’re done let it cool for 5-10 minutes and put them in a blender.
- And blend for at least 5 good minutes. It seems really long, but the nuts will turn into this non-sticky mixture, that you’ll just love.
- Then set it in a jam jar and you’ll be able to keep it for at least 2 weeks in your fridge!
- And voilà, your own homemade nut butter ;).