Summer is finally here! We are proudly walking under the sun with our new dress, pair of sunglasses and ginormous hat. But do we drink enough? Our parents always told us to stay hydrated. The problem is how to drink something that is super tasty and not just plain water? Don’t worry! We found the perfect solution for you, fruity water! It’s as simple as saying hello and we’re about to give you tips on how to make your own fruit infused water to start the day fresh and finish it still as cool as a cucumber ;-)
To begin: you will need a really cool jam jar, found in your grandma’s cupboard or a fancy bottle made of glass and if you are a tech person a proper flask with an infusing space in the centre.
Then: you will need FRUITS, loads of them, even veggies if you’re in a warrior mode.
Strawberries, raspberries, lemon, ginger, cucumber and many others! Don’t hesitate to mix funny ingredients together, the merrier the happier ;-) For example, strawberry and basil fit perfectly together, or the well-known lemon-ginger combination, let your imagination go wild on this one!
To finish in style: THE STRAW, original, fancy or colourful or none at all! It’s entirely up to you!
Here are a few ideas we found on BUZZFEED on how to make your own fruity water !
And all of this for great benefits such as…
- More nutrients in a day: thanks to the high amount of vitamins, minerals that are in the fruits, infused water are healthier than sodas or chemical fruit juices. Yum.
- It boosts our metabolism, for example lemony water will allow our body to burn more calories in a day, yay!
- Drinking infused water will also help us reduce on the snacking, as its small level of sugar will cut out our tiny cravings.
- We have more energy! Thanks to the vitamins and antioxidants, it’s a healthy drink for athletes and actually everyone else!
- It helps us digest better and to bloat less.
- And finally it also helps our body to cleanse and to eliminate our toxins on a daily basis, thanks to the antioxidants found in the fruits. So when will you start?