In our last post, we talked about the benefits of the amazing alga chlorella. It is loaded with iron and many other minerals and vitamins. We love it because it is a great detoxifier. It helps flush out unwanted toxins and heavy metals that parasite our bodies. Some examples of these metals are lead, mercury, uranium.. sounds scary right? Especially because they are all around us – mostly in our food. Luckily with one tbsp. of chlorella a day, you will definitely keep the doctor away !
It wasn’t easy finding yummy recipes with chlorella in them because we are not used to cooking with algae yet ! Mixed with the right ingredients, chlorella can be a very tasty alternative.
Recipe : Chlorella Cream
½ cup raw liquid honey (vegans use maple syrup)
1-3 tsp. chlorella powder
2-4 Tbsp. raw tahini
1. Place honey in a bowl and whisk in chlorella until thoroughly combined.
2. Add the tahini, one tablespoon at a time and whisk. You can add as much tahini as you like.
3. Drizzle on salads, desserts or use as a dip
2 cups fresh basil
1 tbsp. chlorella powder
1 head of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of pine nuts
1 tbsp. lemon juice
500g of pasta
1. Put the chlorella, basil, garlic and olive oil in a blender and puree.
2. Lightly toast the pine nuts in olive oil.
3. Add cheese, lemon juice and pine nuts to the puree. Stir into hot pasta.
You can get our organic chlorella powder on our e-shop !