Having a lack of inspiration of what to cook yourself on your « First Date » detox? You can find plenty of new healthy recipes to accompany your cleanse on our Fit ‘n’ Tasty blog. Here’s is our latest suggestion if you love avocados:
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsbp of pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- small side tomatoes
Place a pan of water on a high temperature to boil. Add a bit of vinegar to the simmering water. Gently crack the eggs individually in a bowl. Create a whirlpool in the pan to help the egg white wrap around the egg yolk. Slowly put the egg in the water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a big spoon and drain the egg onto kitchen paper.
Place the avocado in a bowl and mash it together with the pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Serve with the egg.
Benefits of avocados:
1. Avocados are extremely nutritious and provide a lot of nutrients to our body!
2. Avocados contain more potassium than bananas and therefore help maintaining healthy blood pressure levels
3. Avocados are loaded with « healthy fat » that reduce inflammation and are good for the heart!
4. Avocados help in lowering cholesterol
5. Last but not least, they are full of anti-oxidants and can help prevent against cancer.