Beta-carotene is one big antioxydant, which means that it protects against light damages. As a matter of fact, consuming beta-carotene before summer is interesting to get your skin ready to sunbath.
Then, this natural pigment activates melanine synthesis – melanine enhanced natural skin shade but is also protective! So, consuming beta-carotene will give you natural tanned complexion when sunlight will show up. Some even do carrot juice cleanse during winter! 😉
Generally speaking, beta-carotene is present in red yellow and orange fruits and veggies. Greens and wholegrains as well as oils do contain some as well! To make this easier, here is a selection with the top foods high in beta-carotene. No worries, cooking will not affect its absorption!
- Sweet potato (yes, it is higher than carrots!)
- Microgreens: basil, parsley, cilantro, amaranth and wasabi
- Spinach, kale and roman lettuce
- Butternut squash
- Red and orange bell peppers
They are in our juices!
- Deep clean (spinach)
- Sweet beet (carrot and parsley)
- Pimp me up (carrot)
- Dr. Green (kale)
- Green garden (lettuce and parsley)
Also the Moringa powder!