10 ways to stay focused at work
- Avoid multitasking: scientists have found that it is actually less efficient! One thing at a time for full attention.
- Meditate: this takes practice, but when mastered, one minute is enough to clear your mind and focus afterwards.
- Exercise! Exercising would improve concentration capacity as the release of chemical rewires memory circuits.
- To-do lists: simple but efficient, it will help you visualize! The satisfaction you will get from erasing your note once accomplished will keep you challenged. Use colors and highlighters to stimulate your brain!
- Drink! Water is vital for the brain to work. Try to drink every hour.
- Find a quiet place to rest in order to to stimulate the release of stress hormone and take a deep breathe, even during your lunch break.
- The 20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, stand 20 feets away from your screen and stare at an object for 20 seconds, this will avoid eye fatigue.
- Planning: plan specific hours for specific tasks so your focus spot still constant.
- Sleep! You should have good sleeping habits, between 7-8 hours per night!
- Social media: the best thing to minimize your social media use might be to hide them on the last page of your screen? Check them during your lunch only.