It’s always quite hard to find the perfect balance between all the meals in a day. Sometimes you feel like having a tiny salad because you are thinking about the scrumptious burger you ate last night. But you know that right after that you’ll crave for a delicious snackbar. How about we find the right fit for you? Here is our first healthy lunch we would suggest…
Red Quinoa, with slightly cooked cherry tomatoes and avocado slices
Time needed: 25 mins (the time to cook your Quinoa so it is soft and nice)
Ingredients (serves 2-3 people):
- half a cup of red quinoa
- 1 avocado
- a couple of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Put your Quinoa in a pan and some hot water, bring to boil and then let simmer until the quinoa doesn’t crunch under your teeth. About 20 mins.
- In the meantime slice your tomatoes in 2. Warm a spoonfool of oliveoil in a frying pan and when hot put the tomatoes leaving them to cook gently. Turn them every now and then to get them grilled on both sides. Add some salt and pepper.
- Slice the avocadoes thinly and take a few basil leaves.
- When the quinoa is cooked poor it in a plate, top it with the avocado slices and the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nuts. Add the basil and a drop of olive oil and voilà!
You can add other ingredients based on what you can find in your fridge! Easy to do and you can easily keep what’s left for the next day ! Enjoy this lunch with one of our healthy juices, here I went for the pimp me up and my sister took the detox in green!